Beyond Marketing by Dr. Joe Vitale

Thoughts, news, riffs and reviews by Dr. Joe Vitale ("Mr. Fire!") about marketing, publicity, selling, hypnosis, copywriting, books, fitness, metaphysics, "The Secret" and anything else he cares to comment on, including healing, humor, the Internet and yes, maybe even sex.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wimberley, Texas, United States

Author of way too many books to list here

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Get RSS to Beyond Marketing


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Seed Money vs. Just Giving?

Suzanne tells me my office gets this question a lot --

"I recently got the Seed Money book download from your site. I have one or two questions for you around this. I'm sure you get plenty of questions everyday and don't have time to personally answer all of them. Even if you added this to an upcoming blog it would be helpful.

In the seed money book, it talks about using the principal of affirming getting a ten-fold return on your money. However, in your Greatest Money Making Secret book (which I really loved) you state that you should give with absolutely no expectation of any return. Just give straight from the heart.

Surely it is possible to do both - give from the heart and also affirm that what you give will return to you ten fold. I would love to hear your views on this.

Also in your Greatest money making secret book you state that you should only really give to those people/places that have truly uplifted/inspired you. I can see the merit in this. However, surely you can also affirm that whatever I give out (be it money, smiles, compliments, energy etc.) will return to me tenfold. In this case, even shopping at the local store or filling the car up with gas can be included in this affirmation.

Is this different from the seed money principle? In your experience does what I am suggesting not work? My own feeling is that any "transaction" that I have with the universe on any level can be returned to me tenfold. Surely the universal intelligence can't tell the difference between me giving to a needy charity and me giving when I shop at the store, so long as the emotion involved is the same.

I would love to hear from you. Best wishes. - Graham"

My answer is brief and to the point: you're talking about two different things.

Seed Money is giving ten percent as a "seed" to grow or attract more money. You can plant those seeds anywhere: stores, churches, people, gas stations, good causes. When you plant a seed, you expect it to grow. So when you give, you expect a return.

Tithing is paying the money you owe the universe for what you have already received. You do it wherever you have received spiritual nourishment: people, places, things. You don't expect a return because you already received the return. You give to pay back.

As for where to give and is the universe watching: my rule of thumb is only give where your heart directs. From there, you will receive more -- as long as you don't have any limiting beliefs about money which would stop or slow the flow.

Ao Akua,

Joe
www.mrfire.com

PS - The Seed Money book is described at www.mrfire.com/article-archives/copywriting-samples/seed-money.html My book, The Greatest Money-Making Secret in History, is at Amazon.



If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet & Website News from Send2Press Newswire

This webpage uses Javascript to display some content.

Please enable Javascript in your browser and reload this page.